We understand that some of you have encountered difficulties with your visa applications to Canada. In response, we have contacted our Canadian government contacts for guidance. If you are reapplying for your visa, please take note of the following.
There are two types of visas you can apply for: an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visitor's visa. Please note that a business
visa is required (not tourism) as the purpose of your visit is to attend a conference.
IMPORTANT: To expedite processing, please include the conference code found on your invitation letter when filling out your application. There should be a place to select "Attending a conference" as the reason for your business in Canada. Please add the conference code as we were informed that many of the rejected applications did not specify the conference code.
Please also include the following information with your application:
- Full details of your flight itinerary, including your arrival and return flights.
- Full details of your accommodation, including the full name, address, and contact information of the hotel or Airbnb where you plan to stay.
- A brief explanation of your conference activities, including attending sessions, workshops, and your presentation details (e.g., name of your paper). This is to help the immigration officer understand that you are truly participating at the conference.
- The invitation letter that was issued to you.
- Official documentation proving that you are a student/post-doc/employee. For example, please ask your advisor/employer for a letter with the following information:
- Confirmation that you are a full-time student/post-doc/employee.
- Confirmation that funding for your trip is provided for flights, accommodation, food, and incidental costs.
- Confirmation that you are attending the conference only and will immediately return to continue your studies or employment.
We understand that providing all of this may seem intrusive, but such documentation is useful in convincing the immigration officer that you have no plans to remain in Canada after the conference.
Once you have your visa application number, kindly update us at the following URL.
CVPR'23 Organizing Committee